Securing Travel, Protecting People - At the Transportation Security Administration, you will serve in a high-stakes environment to safeguard the American way of life. In cities across the country, you would secure airports, seaports, railroads, highways, and/or public transit systems, thus protecting America's transportation infrastructure and ensuring freedom of movement for people and commerce. For additional information about our agency please: Click HereLearn more about this agency
If selected for this position, you will serve as an Expert Transportation Security Officer (ETSO)- Security Training Instructor (STI) for Security Operations (SO), Transportation Security Administration (TSA), Department of Homeland Security (DHS). As an ETSO-STI, you will support the airport training program through performance of a variety of training related functions. In addition to program responsibilities, as an ETSO-STI you will perform pre-board security screening of persons, cargo, carry-on, and checked baggage as directed by the Federal Security Director (FSD) or his/her designee a minimum of 20% of the time. Specific program responsibilities include the following:
- Acting as training course lead in support of Training Programs including ensuring class materials are coordinated and in place, confirming roster, ensuring evaluations are done and submitted, conducting testing, and recording of results, and ensuring all employee course completion information is recorded in the Online Learning Center (OLC).
- Performing training instruction within established guidelines and standards in support of nationally developed training courses (e.g., new hire training, On-Screen Alarm Resolution Protocol, Crossover).
- Supporting recurrent training needs; conducting return to duty and remediation training.
- Developing and/or adapting local training materials to meet requirements.
- Delivering instructor development courses in support of the STI position (e.g., Instructor Presentation Skills Course and Train the Trainer Courses for nationally developed programs).
- Assisting Training Specialist in providing oversight to collateral duty Assistant Training Instructors (ATI) and other support staff.
- Conducting instructional delivery quality assurance assessments at local airports or transportation facilities, as well as assisting with assessments at other locations as needed; contributing to reviews and edits of Standard Operating Procedures.
- Conducting TSA Quality Assessments (locally or nationally).
- Managing classroom dynamics, resolving classroom problems, and coordinating needed support and materials; monitoring and evaluating training for appropriate adjustments and recommending enhancements; maintaining communication with management and supervisors concerning training issues that may reveal security screening weaknesses or vulnerabilities.
- As directed, providing mentoring/coaching to address identified training needs.
- Administering and scoring training tests (e.g., job knowledge, image).
- Assisting with PASS Practical Skills Observations (PSOs) and conducting Level 3 assessments.
NOTE: Employees must maintain all screening certification requirements and perform screening functions (passenger, baggage, or both) a minimum of 20% of the time.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/589126100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.