About the Position: This position serves under the general supervision of the general engineer who relies on the employee to independently perform the duties of a Marine Oiler.Learn more about this agency
-The duty location will be wherever the M/V William James is located.
-This position is a Permanent, Full-Time Seasonal Appointment.
- Oiling and/or greasing moving parts of machines in the engine room of floating plants, towboats, tenders, dredges, or patrol boats.
- Inspecting machinery to prevent damage or overheating.
- Using lubricants to grease surfaces and machine parts.
- Reading and following plans, sketches or specifications.
- Matching correct oil filter, with specific machines in the engine room.
- Identifying replacement parts needed to repair machinery such as bearings, gears, cables or chains.
50% or less - Extensive travel is required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/589113800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.