The Grading Services Branch is responsible for developing, implementing, and administering programs for the grading and/or inspection of QAD commodities. These responsibilities are divided into three areas: (1) voluntary grading and certification of livestock, meat and meat products, poultry and poultry products, shell eggs, and rabbits, (2) voluntary audit and certification activities related to QAD and USDA commodity products and (3) mandatory Shell Egg Surveillance inspection.Learn more about this agency
- The incumbent serves as the Supervisory Agricultural Commodity Grader and is responsible for administering and implementing the grading services in an assigned area.
- The duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Monitors the grading of meat according to official standards and regulations; examination and certification of conformity with specifications of meats and meat products against standards established by volume food buyers.
- Supervises subordinates involved in examining and evaluating QAD commodities to determine their official grade or acceptability in terms of quality or condition in accordance with official standards and/or specifications.
- Plans, organizes, and assigns work to subordinates and assures that a satisfactory quantity and quality of work is performed in a timely manner and that standards are uniformly interpreted and applied.
- Supervises the safekeeping and control of grading equipment to ensure that only authorized use is made of such equipment and that adequate and usable equipment is available when needed.
- Evaluates the performance of subordinates and initiates constructive measures to correct deficiencies.
- Assists the Regional Director, or designee, in conducting interviews for hiring new employees within their area of responsibility.
- Approves time, travel, and other reimbursable expenses of subordinate employees in accordance with procedures and within time constraints, as applicable.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/589101900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.