Learn more about this agency
HUD-VASH is an intensive case management program for chronically homeless veterans aimed at providing psychosocial services to veterans while residing in stable housing through HUD's Section 8 voucher system. The social worker in this position must be able to function independently and responsibly while working in the community, provide consultation and guidance to veterans, community agencies and Section 8 landlords, effectively deal with crisis situations with little supervision.
Major duties included, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for coordination of case management services for veterans receiving housing provided through HUD Section 8 housing vouchers.
- Providing case management for a number of veterans in the HUD VASH program.
- Responsible for reviewing agreements between Section 8 landlords, Public Housing Authorities and the VA in establishing appropriate referral sites for HUD-VASH placements.
- Performs site visits of HUD-VASH apartments to ensure that the veterans reside in a safe environment.
- Adheres to strict code of Social Work and VA ethics to avoid conflicts of interest while serving as the HUD VASH Case Manager.
- Actively participate in the HUD VASH Program conference calls and attends trainings offered by HUD VASH
- Participate in program planning and developments, advising the supervisor or shifting trends with caseloads and identifying the need for and making recommendations on program procedures or policy changes based upon work experiences.
- Conduct psychosocial assessments to determine needs of the veterans and family members.
- Will provide individuals, family and group counseling as appropriate.
- Provide consultation/education to veterans and families on community resources, advance directives and VA benefits.
- Act as a consultant to the other team/staff members
- Maintain familiarity and responsibility for all performance measures relating to the HUD-VASH program.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday 8 am to 4:30 pm
Financial Discloser Report: Not required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/589066600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.