You will serve as a Weight Handling Equipment Inspector/Mechanic in the Rigging/Crane Program, Code 3523.5 of NAVAL RESEARCH LABORATORY.Learn more about this agency
- You will make necessary repairs and assist in the preparation of Shop Repair Orders (SROs) to properly document each repair operation.
- You will inspect, repair, and examine major mechanical units and component parts.
- You will inspect all repairs and tests for proper operation and document findings and results on associated SROs.
- You will make recommendations to supervision when inspection reveals unusual damage, deterioration, or conditions where repairs are economically questionable, concerning inspection findings and other corrective actions.
- You will serve as the Load Test Director and conduct load tests, operational tests, various types of proof tests, and related actions necessary to recommend certification or acceptance of WHE at NRL and associated field sites.
- You will perform inspections, tests, and certifications of elevated tracking systems as per NAVFACINST 11230.1.
- You will evaluate equipment designs, alterations, and modifications, and will review the recommendations or observations of maintenance inspectors, operators, mechanics, and engineers to identify repetitive defects.
- You will utilize NAVFAC P-307 (Management of Weight Handling Equipment), and other applicable Navy, OSHA, CMAA, and American National Standards Institute (ANSI) standards and regulations.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/589038000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.