Securing Travel, Protecting People - At the Transportation Security Administration, you will serve in a high-stakes environment to safeguard the American way of life. In cities across the country, you would secure airports, seaports, railroads, highways, and/or public transit systems, thus protecting America's transportation infrastructure and ensuring freedom of movement for people and commerce. For additional information about our agency please: Click HereLearn more about this agency
This Financial Specialist position is located in the Mission Support|Budget & Finance Division, within Acquisition Program Management (APM), Transportation Security Administration (TSA), Department of Homeland Security (DHS). Typical assignments include, but are not limited to:
- Developing budget and funding plans which allocates appropriate funds to activities based on an analysis of active budget estimates, management resource needs, historical expenditures, initial operations, and approved funding.
- Working knowledge of the policies, precedents, goals, objectives, regulations, and guideline of financial areas such as financial oversight sufficient to analyze and evaluate continual changes in program plans and funding and their effect on financial and budget program milestones.
- Developing initial cost schedules and associated performance requirements for re-compete process/project, and conducts independent research to determine appropriate costs.
- Formulating cost projections and provides cost analysis support for both current and new acquisition initiatives.
- Developing estimates for life cycle projections. Monitors and tracks the budget for projects and initiates the obligation of fund and maintains the financial database.
- Participating as a key member of acquisition Integrates Process Teams for current and new acquisition initiatives. Providing guidance and recommendations to management concerning the legal and regulatory aspects of the acquisition and use of funds for program and administrative purposed.
- Communicating internally and externally to Department of Homeland Security and Office of Management and Budget counterparts.
The major duties described above reflect the full performance level of this position. Typically, the lower pay band (H Band) performs the same duties but will receive more guidance and training; and/or projects/work assignments may be less complex.
This position is also being announced through Government Wide procedures under Announcement #HQ-ES-APM-20-796537-G. Candidates who wish to be considered under both Public (US Citizens) and Government-Wide procedures must apply to both announcements.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/589029200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.