This position is located within the Agricultural Marketing Service (AMS), Dairy Program (DP), Economics Division. The position is responsible for impact analyses of changes to Federal milk marketing orders; analyses of other dairy-related programs and policies; short-term and long-term projections of dairy supply, demand, international trade, and prices; writing and review of dairy-related studies, working papers, briefing papers, and talking points; and decision support for the dairy industry.Learn more about this agency
- The duties described are for the full-performance level. At developmental grade levels, assignments will be of more limited scope, performed with less independence and limited complexity.
- The duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Plans and conducts economic studies of the dairy industry, including the Federal milk marketing order program
- Develops, collects, and analyzes domestic and international marketing information related to the dairy industry
- Organizes data for use by Dairy Programs in decision-making.
- Uses data visualization tools to report quantitative and qualitative data analysis
- Recommends and implements statistical and analytical techniques, including econometric methods
- Studies the situation and outlook for the dairy industry and uses such knowledge in carrying out economic analyses
- Participates in the development, maintenance, and enhancement of economic models to support the mission of Dairy Programs
- Writes economic analyses, working papers, briefing papers, and talking points to support the mission of Dairy Programs
- Offers policy recommendations, based on sound economic analysis
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel occasionally for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/588991500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.