The Research Directorate (RD) at NASA Langley Research Center is seeking a highly skilled individual to serve as the Chief Operations Officer. Responsibilities include providing leadership and supervision for formulation, advocacy, and implementation of RD strategic initiatives and integrated technical services to enable and support the Center's and NASA's research and development missions.Learn more about this agency
- Leads strategic initiatives for Research Directorate front office (RDO) and branches.
- Serves as focal point for Directorate infrastructure considerations (contracts, IT, assets, and safety) working closely with other RDO personnel.
- Serves as an expert consultant on challenging integrated technical strategy problems across Research Directorate areas of responsibility related to implementing new research, engineering, and technology thrusts.
- Leads change management initiatives to establish and maintain a learning organization with continuous improvement across the Research Directorate.
- Analyzes and plans long-range resource requirements for the Directorate to determine best approaches for strategy implementation.
- Leads/participates in the management of special studies, proposals, continuous improvement initiatives and reviews.
- Leads communication strategy and execution to ensure Directorate employees are appropriately informed of key organizational activities, strategies and priorities.
- Manages and/or integrates administrative activities to improve the effectiveness, efficiency, and productivity of the Directorate.
- Manages technical actions for the RD front office.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/588990100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.