This position is located in the Office of the Director, National Museum of American History (NMAH) in Washington, D.C. As Senior Advisor, you will report to the Director who provides leadership on all museum-related policies, programs and activities.Learn more about this agency
Incumbent serves as a key advisor to the Director, assisting and providing recommendations to the Director concerning oversight of the day-to-day operations of the museum and in the formulation of decisions that relate to museum matters. Will also perform the following duties:
- Incumbent is a principal advisor and acts as a representative of the Director, as needed, at internal and external meetings and functions.
- Provides planning, coordination and support for the Director and museum operations.
- Supports and assists in the full implementation of the Director’s strategic plan, policies and goals.
- Maintains close contact with senior management, program, and museum staff, and draws upon a comprehensive understanding of the Director’s priorities, views, and objectives.
- Responsible for management and oversight of the Director’s discretionary budget, ensuring transparency and accountability for the use of those funds.
- Recommends policy, goals and objectives for managing museum operations.
- Serves as a confidential advisor to the Director on museum matters having potentially sensitive public relations implications.
- Participates in the research, development, and organization of projects as assigned by the Director; takes the initiative in seeking out information from a variety of internal and external sources.
- Attends and participates in meetings, either with the Director or as his representative, in and outside of the museum.
Occasional travel - 25% or less.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/588936000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.