This position is located in the Smithsonian Institution, National Museum of African American History and Culture, Office of External Affairs, Office of Public Affairs (OPA). OPA is responsible for publicity, promotions, and marketing of the museum and its related exhibitions, programs, collections, initiatives and research as well as crisis communication, filming and liaison with Social Media and Web content gathering.Learn more about this agency
The incumbent of this position reports to the Supervisory Public Affairs Specialist, including:
- responding orally and in writing to requests for information from members of the public, private organizations, media representatives and internal Office of External Affairs;
- researching, writing and editing news releases, fact sheets, photo credits and pitch letters/emails;
- establishing and maintaining relations with news media representatives;
- serving as coordinator for all film crews and photography shoots in the museum's galleries, offices and collections storage sites, including preparing contracts with outside film production companies;
- procuring images to meet demands and writing captions for photos; and
- handling logistics for all press briefings, securing appropriate furniture and equipment needed for media representatives and speakers.
09 - Position is at full performance level.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/588933300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.