The United States Marshals Service is the nation's oldest and most versatile federal law enforcement agency. The missions of the Service include protection of the judiciary, court security, witness security, asset seizure and forfeiture, apprehension of fugitives, prisoner transportation and custody.Learn more about this agency
Position is for a Supervisory Airplane Pilot within the United States Marshal Service (USMS), Justice Prisoner & Alien Transportation System (JPATS) Aviation Branch in Oklahoma City, OK.
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Directs the JPATS Flight Operations
- Develops and implements Flight Operation policies, procedures, and guidelines
- Serves as Pilot-in-Command or International Pilot-in-Command of (12,500 pounds or more) turbine, turbo-prop, and reciprocating multi-engine fixed wing aircraft (may be required to operate small single or multi-engine fixed wing aircraft)
- Ensures that all pre-flight, in-flight, and post-flight operations are conducted in accordance with FAA regulations and other standards and policies
- Ensures aircraft are maintained in an airworthy condition
- Supervises a flight crew and other staff
- Appraises and evaluates flight programs for improvement
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/588915200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.