Come work for the USPTO, we have been ranked as one of the Best Places to Work in the Federal Government! The U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) has been serving the economic interests of America for more than 200 years. We are responsible for granting US intellectual property rights for patents and trademarks. The USPTO is headquartered in Alexandria, Virginia, and has over 12,000 employees. For more information about the USPTO, please visit the USPTO Careers Website.Learn more about this agency
During the current period of mandatory telework required by the Agency’s COVID-19 response, telework will be mandatory. When it is determined the Agency will be moving to the reopening phase, the expectation will be to physically return to the office at the USPTO – Alexandria, VA campus. Telework days and any waiting period for eligibility will be determined at that time.
This position is located in the Office of the Chief Administrative Officer. Serves in the development and implementation of comprehensive telework and hoteling programs for agency employees in order to solve business unit issues surrounding productivity, employee recruitment and retention.
The individual selected for this position will:
- Participate with the Telework Senior Advisor in all aspects of the USPTO telework initiatives.
- Work with the Telework Senior Advisor and the Office of Human Resources (OHR) to represent the agency in dealings with labor unions in consultation and collective bargaining situations concerning these programs.
- Establish, develop, and maintain effective working relationships with key USPTO officials. Meets with key customers and coordinating officials to assess customer satisfaction, explain OHR policies and procedures, and resolve significant problems that arise.
- Gather quarterly telework statistics, reviewing the telework database for accuracy, assisting in the design, development, layout, and editing of the USPTO telework annual report.
- Prepare telework briefings, telework presentations for internal and external presentations, and weekly telework reports, implementing, and evaluating agency-wide programs.
- Tracks costs of equipment and other services provided to telework/hoteling program participants and compares them to productivity benefits achieved by the program, including such outcomes as reduced employee turnover, savings on space utilization, etc
- Develops/updates current telework training modules for remote workers and their managers.
- Establishes, develops, and maintains effective working relationships with key United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) officials.
- Serves as agency program representative for Office of Personnel Management, General Services Administration, and Department of Commerce initiatives and oversight.
- Maintains contacts with other Government agencies, interagency groups, business and academic groups, and private associations and advocacy groups.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/588893300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.