Serves as a NASA Langley technical lead of Nondestructive Evaluation for Aerospace Composites, leading aeronautical and space research, in the development, testing, implementation, and evaluation of basic sensing devices, transducers, components, and related methodologies for application to inspection of composite aerospace components.Learn more about this agency
- Serves as a Nondestructive Evaluation (NDE) of composites lead at NASA Langley.
- Serves as Nondestructive Evaluation Sciences Branch (NESB) Technical POC to mission projects with composite NDE focused tasks.
- Keeps up to date on NASA mission/program needs/gaps for the qualification, inspection, and characterization of composite parts, as well as NASA missions developing, utilizing, and investigating use of aerospace composites.
- Serves as a technical lead on the research, development, and implementation of inspection methodologies for Composites.
- Leads teams that may include researchers, engineers, technicians to develop, test, assess, and implement inspection and data analysis methods for Composites.
- Assesses inspection methods for composites applications and serving as definitive subject matter expert in identification of associated risks, benefits, and gaps.
- Works with and reports directly to program and project stakeholders on current state-of-art in NDE for Composites and application of NDE to Composites to solve mission critical needs.
- Serves a NASA Langley technical lead for establishing/sustaining industry collaboration in the area of NDE for Composites.
- Leads the team in identifying and distributing tasks among researchers, monitors and reports on the status and progress of work, reports findings or issues to management.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/588846800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.