Securing Travel, Protecting People - At the Transportation Security Administration (TSA), you will serve in a high-stakes environment to safeguard the American way of life. In cities across the country, you would secure airports, seaports, railroads, highways, and/or public transit systems, thus protecting America's transportation infrastructure and ensuring freedom of movement for people and commerce. For additional information about our agency please: Click HereLearn more about this agency
The position serves as a Supervisory Air Marshal in Charge (SAC) of the Detroit Field Office in Law Enforcement/Federal Air Marshal Service (LE/FAMS). The LE/FAMS is a component of the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) in the Department of Homeland Security. The LE/FAMS promotes public confidence in our Nation's civil transportation systems through effective risk-based strategic deployment of Federal Air Marshals (FAMs) and other LE/FAMS based law enforcement resources in both air and land based mission related assignments in the U.S. and abroad. The LE/FAMS' primary focus is to detect, deter and defeat terrorist or other criminal hostile acts targeting U.S. air carriers, airports, passengers, crew and, when necessary, other transportation modes within the Nation's general transportation systems.
- Providing senior level leadership to a significant and predominately Federal Air Marshal (FAM) workforce, overseeing the overall planning, direction, and coordination of operations for an LE/FAMS field office.
- Establishing and maintaining strategic direction, directing major law enforcement activities in the field office, and advising the FAMS Director and Executive Staff on ongoing investigative requirements and methods to improve security in the aviation domain.
- Serving as a primary advisor and authoritative consultant to the LE/FAMS Director and Executive Staff on field office investigations and related law enforcement issues, planning and directing the management of activities related to criminal investigations.
- Establishing and maintaining liaison with other federal, state and local law enforcement agencies, as well as with the airline industry, representing the LE/FAMS Director in field office business matters.
- Serving as the point of contact for LE/FAMS media and promotion activities.
- Providing senior level leadership, directing the work of subordinate managers and performing a wide range of managerial duties including: planning, communicating vision and objectives; assigning tasks and responsibilities; setting priorities; monitoring and evaluating performance; coaching and developing employee capabilities; and, taking, recommending or approving corrective/disciplinary actions, as appropriate.
- Establishing and communicating to subordinate managers both short and long range program plans, goals, requirements and priorities.
50% or less - 50% or less - 25-50%, at times with little advance notice.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/588833200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.