The Defense Technical Information Center (DTIC) is the central facility for the acquisition, preservation, protection, retrieval, and dissemination of scientific and technical information (STI) supporting the Research and Engineering (R&E) needs of the Department of Defense (DoD), as well as federal and industry partners. DTIC provides leading edge information services and analysis products to the DoD community as a recognized leader in information and knowledge management innovations.Learn more about this agency
- Serves as Director, Directorate of User Services in the fielding of advanced information sharing and analysis supporting the DoD Science and Technology (S and T) enterprise.
- Responsible for services to customers including
- search, analytics, interface design and content management, registration and product access support, communications/marketing/outreach/surveys/trainings/briefings, reference service, and S and T policy management.
- Oversees design, development and on-time fielding of new capabilities to simplify usage, analysis of, and integration of DTIC's 4.6M records.
- Delivers products and capabilities in alignment with DTIC's priorities. Establishes product Roadmap aligned with strategic plan and DTIC priorities. Tracks and grows registered users and usage of R and E Gateway tools.
- Modernizes the DTIC Scientific and Technical Information (STINFO) Program Officer training program.
- Advises the Administrator, Deputy Administrator and Chief of Staff on all programs and projects in the planning, organizing, coordinating and directing the directorate's functions.
- Serves under the direction of the Administrator who gives broad oral and written assignments in terms of policies and objectives
- Responsible for supervisory duties including:
- Planning work to be accomplished, setting priorities, making work assignments, and evaluating the work.
- Various supervisory functions such as approving leave, developing performance standards and evaluating employee performance, and interviewing and selecting candidates for vacancies.
- Counsels employees, hears and resolves complaints from employees, and effects disciplinary measures. Identifies developmental needs of employees and schedules training or other developmental assignments.
- Carries out Human Resources Management and EEO policies and communicates support of these policies to employees.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/588832400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.