The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is Worldwide. (Military Spouse Preference (MSP) and Involuntarily Separated Military Preference (ISMP) eligible candidates are included in the area of consideration.)Learn more about this agency
This position is located at the Seward Military Resort in Seward, AK.
Approximate dates of employment are 15 May - 15 September 2021.
Housing may be provided on a space available basis.
For more information on this position click here.
- Duties are performed aboard an inboard marine drive, diesel powered, 35 passenger charter fishing or tour vessel.
- Performs general maintenance work; repairing and painting decks, hulls, superstructure and interior spaces of vessels, handling lines during docking, moving and towing operations.
- Orients passengers in the use of fishing gear and explains species of fish. Baits hooks and lands fish.
- Assists in issuing life vest and helps fit them on passengers. Reports any abuse to equipment by passengers to boat captain or Resort Manager.
- Cleans vessel at end of day, to include removing garbage, scrubbing decks, railings and sides of vessel, washing windows, cleaning of passenger cabin and marine head.
- Transports fish from vessel to top of dock.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/588808500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.