About the Position: The US Army Corps of Engineers, Huntington District, Operations and Readiness Division is actively seeking applications to fill multiple permanent, full-time, Seasonal vacancies throughout the District. These positions will be filled at multiple locations and at the WY-05; WY-07; or WY-08 grade levels.Learn more about this agency
Positions get filled FAST - Don't Delay!
Take this opportunity NOW to work for one of the BEST EMPLOYERS IN AMERICA!
- Operate electric gate controls to open or close miter gates and culvert/stone gate valves at each end of the lock chamber(s).
- Operate electrically controlled tow haulage unit to move barges into and out of lock chambers on the Kanawha River projects.
- Contact boat pilots to obtain data such as tow size/type, tonnage and commodities being transported, point of origin and destination.
- Secure lines and slings to for materials or equipment being moved and provide hand signals to operator for moving items to and from barges or trucks.
- Perform a variety of tasks in providing assistance to and/or personally performing work required for the installation, repair, and maintenance of lock or lock and dam machinery and equipment.
- Assist setting bulkheads; carpentry or plumbing required for major construction or repair maintenance; concrete work.
- Perform seasonal duties such as grass cutting, trimming, shoveling snow, clearing ice; as well as janitorial tasks such as cleaning control house and other site buildings, restrooms, facilities, standby equipment.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/588792800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.