The position is in the Veterans Benefits Administration (VBA), Medical Disability Examinations Program Office (MDEO), and reports to MDEO Deputy Executive Director. The incumbent is responsible for coordinating all GAO and OIG surveys and related work as well as program risk management.Learn more about this agency
- Evaluates and analyzes potential risks and exposures in MDEO to ensure program goals and objectives are met. The incumbent assists
with planning, documenting, and broadly communicating the near and long-term strategical and operational goals of the program office and
ensures alignment with overarching VBA and VA strategic goals and plans
- Develops activities to determine effectiveness of internal controls and that they are being followed. This may include reviewing work products, access and other workplace information in order to provide recommendations focuses on improving achievement of program goals and objectives.
- Develops Enterprise Risk Management tools, practices, and policies to analyze and report enterprise risks, and to manage risks according to
an enterprise risk management framework.
- Serves as a liaison with VBA OFM and VBA Risk Team and other stakeholders to ensure that MDEO risk activities are in alignment with the Administration and VACO. Participates in senior level management meetings to aid in the development of program initiatives and solutions for risk mitigation.
- Comprehensively reviews, analyzes, plans, coordinates and tracks all reports published by oversight organizations, i.e. OIG/GAO, for MDEO within established timeframes.
- Identifies and summarizes recommendations and report that have a direct impact on program activities that requires responses. Provides notifications of entrance and exit meetings and interim and final reports to MDE staff impacted by the review, report or audit. Creates and coordinates briefings on specific issues.
- Develops approaches and methods to keep leadership fully briefed on OIG/GAO activities, including GAO High Risk areas and monitors Congressional activities to identify potential areas of interest by OIG/GAO.
- Coordinates with VBA Office of Program Integrity & Internal Controls and related VACO offices, as necessary, in coordination of OIG/GAO activities including being the MDEPS primary point of contract for all OIG and GAO activities.
Work Schedule: 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Compressed/Flexible: May be Available
Telework: May be Available
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description/PD#:Program Analyst/PD39098
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/588769400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.