The selectee for this position will serve as an Interdisciplinary Engineer/Architect in the Operations Division, Public Works Department, Camp Lemonnier, Djibouti, Africa of NAVAL FACILITIES ENG COMMAND ATLANTIC.Learn more about this agency
** Above salary does not include locality. Locality adjustment will be determined by duty station location once a selection has been made. **
The successful selectee will perform the following duties:
- Enforce technical provisions for assigned construction contracts in Europe, Africa, and Southwest Asia in accordance with all applicable laws, guidance, policies, and procedures.
- Perform technical reviews/engineering studies by identifying engineering disciplines such as architectural, electrical, mechanical, and structural engineering necessary to accomplish design and construction activities.
- Represent Facilities Engineering Acquisition Division as the technical representative in matters involving contract modifications and claims.
- Take action to ensure contractor compliance of safety and health requirements, including dismissal of key contractor staff due to non-performance or recurring safety violations.
- Engage at multiple levels of authority to obtain action from all parties including the contractor, support commands, and other agencies.
76% or greater - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/588769100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.