You will serve as an Engineer or Scientist in the Laser Weapon System Technology Development Branch of NAVSURFWARCENDLD. You will perform duties as the Senior Optical Design and Beam Control Lead. You will lead a multifaceted team of optical and opto-mechanical engineers in the design, development, and implementation of optical systems that include laser system controls.Learn more about this agency
- You will provide expertise, technical direction, oversight and advanced analysis in optical design to optimize laser beam propagation.
- You will lead, manage, oversee and provide technical direction on the design, development and implementation of beam director components and sub-systems.
- You will lead a team, provide mentoring to other engineers, and build advanced knowledge to develop expertise in the Directed Energy community to support the multiple laser weapon system programs across the services.
- You will lead a team on advanced modeling and analysis of laser beam propagation, wave front analysis, optical design, atmospheric effects, and coatings for use within the laser and electro-optical system portfolio.
- You will provide expertise in the design, development, build, and analysis in sensors and imaging systems.
- You will participate in cross-service national and international working groups on beam director/optical design topics.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/588738900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.