This is a public notice flyer to notify interested applicants of anticipated vacancies. Applications will not be accepted through this flyer. Interested applicants must follow the directions in the "How to Apply" section of this flyer to be considered. There may or may not be actual vacancies filled from this flyer. Notice of Result letters will not be sent to applicants who respond to this flyer.Learn more about this agency
Please see Additional Information section for more information.
- You will provide expertise, technical direction, oversight and advanced analysis in optical design to optimize laser beam propagation.
- You will lead, manage, oversee and provide technical direction on the design, development and implementation of beam director components and sub-systems.
- You will lead a team, provide mentoring to other engineers, and build advanced knowledge to develop expertise in the Directed Energy community to support the multiple laser weapon system programs across the services.
- You will lead a team on advanced modeling and analysis of laser beam propagation, wave front analysis, optical design, atmospheric effects, and coatings for use within the laser and electro-optical system portfolio.
- You will provide expertise in the design, development, build, and analysis in sensors and imaging systems.
- You will participate in cross-service national and international working groups on beam director/optical design topics.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/588730100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.