This is a Direct Hire Authority (DHA) solicitation utilizing the DHA for certain personnel of the DoD Workforce to recruit and appoint qualified candidates to positions in the competitive service.Learn more about this agency
About the Position: CCDC Armament Center is a research and development center for armament systems, used by U.S. service members. We partner with a variety of organizations, including industry, academia and other agencies to accelerate the development and transition of technologies for warfighters.
- Serve the organization as a supervisor and technical expert/authority in a complex specialized technology area of importance to the Directorate/Center.
- Represents the organization as a technical expert in the area of ballistics fire control to the Army, other services and international organizations; makes high level briefings and presentations to convey and resolve complex issues.
- Provides oversight and guidance to team members on all aspects of the ballistics fire control domain.
- Administratively and technically supervise a professional staff engaged in acquisition life cycle engineering of ballistic fire control technology, ballistic fire control information, and ballistic fire control software and/or aiming data products.
- Makes critical decisions on issues that arise in the planning, strategizing, coordinating, managing and executing of projects to meet user requirements and objectives.
- Participates in formal and informal meetings conferences, committees, and seminars, representing the organization in the area of expertise to internal and external customers, industry representatives, academics, and others.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel 25% of the time for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/588722000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.