You will serve as an Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) in the CYBER SECURITY BRANCH; ACIO/INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY DIVISION; CORPORATE OPERATIONS DEPARTMENT of NAVSURFWARCENACT DAM NECK VA.Learn more about this agency
- You will perform security reviews, identify gaps in security architecture, and develop a security risk management plan.
- You will oversee and provide input to the Risk Management Framework process activities and related documentation (e.g., system life-cycle support plans, concept of operations, operational procedures, and other artifacts).
- You will implement security measures to resolve vulnerabilities, mitigate risks and recommend security changes to system or system components as needed.
- You will implement system security measures in accordance with established procedures to ensure confidentiality, integrity, availability, authentication, and non-repudiation.
- You will work with stakeholders to resolve computer security incidents and vulnerability compliance discrepancies
- You will conduct risk and vulnerability assessments of planned and installed information systems to identify vulnerabilities, risks, and protection needs.
- You will correct security vulnerabilities in assigned systems in response to problems identified by vulnerability reports and scans.
- You will verify that application software/network/system security postures are implemented as stated, documenting deviations and recommending required actions to correct those deviations.
- You will support necessary compliance activities (e.g., ensure system security configuration guidelines are followed, compliance monitoring and reporting occurs).
- You will ensure plans of actions and milestones or remediation plans are in place for vulnerabilities identified during risk assessments, audits, inspections, etc.
- You will establish and collect metrics to monitor and validate cyber workforce readiness; including analysis of cyber workforce data to assess the status of positions identified, and that qualified personnel are filling those positions.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/588721400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.