This position is located in the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), United States Coast Guard (USCG), Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Cyber and Intelligence Service Center (C5ISC), Engineering Services Division (ESD), Sensors & Electronics Branch (SEB), Detection and Identification Section 1 (DET1) in Portsmouth, VA.Learn more about this agency
You will serve as an Electrical Engineer (CYBER) and be responsible for designing, developing, testing, and evaluating cybersecurity related information systems throughout the systems engineering life cycle.
Being a Coast Guard civilian makes you a valuable member of the Coast Guard team. Typical work assignments include:
- Build, test, and modify product prototypes using working models or theoretical models
- Develop and direct system testing and validation procedures and documentation
- Identify and direct the remediation of technical problems encountered during testing and implementation of new systems (e.g., identify and find work-arounds for communication protocols that are not interoperable
- Provide ongoing optimization and problem-solving support
- Employ configuration management processes
- Develop & follow software, hardware and systems engineering life cycle standards and processes
- Design hardware, operating systems, and software applications to adequately address C5I operational requirements
- Develop detailed design documentation for component and interface specifications to support system design and development
- Implement and integrate system development life cycle (SDLC) methodologies (e.g., IBM Rational Unified Process) into development environment
Occasional travel - Occasional travel is required.
12 - This position may be filled at the GS-11 or GS-12 grade level. Promotion potential up to the GS-12.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/588705200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.