The selectee for this position will serve as as Electrical Engineer in the Operations Division, Public Works Department, Camp Lemonnier, Djibouti, Africa of NAVAL FACILITIES ENG COMMAND ATLANTIC.Learn more about this agency
** Above salary does not include locality. Locality adjustment will be determined by duty location once a selection has been made.**
This position is a 100% TDY position at Camp Lemonnier, Djibouti, Africa.
The successful selectee will perform the following duties:
- Analyze contract drawings and specifications to determine the extent of the contractor's responsibility under the provisions of the contract.
- Prepare government estimates used in negotiating cost of approved changes.
- Develop projects that require improvisation, ingenuity, and a high degree of technical judgment related to electrical or mechanical engineering.
- Perform design review of construction drawings and specifications for electrical systems, such as primary systems (5-35KV class serial and underground), secondary systems (0-600 volt, interior and exterior), transformers, etc.
- Perform contract-related services such as writing scope of work, estimating, site surveys, contractor selection, negotiation, performance monitoring, product or design review, evaluation for bids, inspection, and acceptance.
76% or greater - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/588695900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.