If selected, you will work as a Emergency Program Coordinator in Veterinary Services (VS), Field Operations (FiOps) to link local, state, and federal resources needed to execute the National Animal Health Emergency Management System for any contingency (prevention, preparedness, response, and recovery) within your assigned territory. This position fills an important role in our Homeland Security System by regionally addressing the needs of agriculture and animal health in a disaster situation.Learn more about this agency
- The duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Collaborates to develop, review and validate plans within assigned territory.
- Assists with review of the emergency management grants or cooperative agreements.
- Serve as the point of contact within assigned territory in response planning and preparedness for foreign animal and zoonotic disease outbreaks.
- Provides solutions to problems related to emergency preparedness and response.
- Serves as Depopulation, Disposal and Disinfectant (3D) subject matter expert (SME) and point of contact.
- Monitors worldwide animal disease situations and assists States and Districts in taking appropriate mitigation measures.
- Serves as a liaison with the animal agriculture industry within the assigned territory .
- Participates in the planning and execution of emergency test exercises with Veterinary Services partners .
- Participates in the continuous review and revision process for the States? Animal Health Emergency Response Plan.
50% or less - You may be expected to travel 50% or less for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/588671000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.