If you want to do interesting and challenging work and to make a contribution to national defense, DISA is a great place for you.Learn more about this agency
DISA provides secure and reliable communications and computing support that enable the President and our military forces to communicate globally through voice, video, and data transmission. DISA is a leader within the Federal Government in implementing "people programs" and offers a broad range of quality-of-life and training programs.
- Provides authoritative technical advice and assistance to upper management in JSSC as well as to the Joint Staff and the OSD.
- Provides authoritative direction and broad technical assistance to all team members.
- Manages, directs and evaluates civilian and military workforce for the Section, and oversees the work effort of assigned contract personnel and projects assigned to the team.
- Develops standards and criteria for assessing server performance, availability, capacity or configuration problems.
- Reallocates resources as they become available, optimizes systems performance, and recommends additional components to improve systems overall performance.
- Identifies problems and provides expert technical advice on new or improved information technology and procedures relative to new software and hardware releases.
- Develops proposals for a variety of highly specialized systems and enhancements to improve operational efficiency, and for meeting future needs.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/588668300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.