You will serve as a PROTOCOL OFFICER in the U.S. MARINE CORPS FORCES of I MARINE EXPEDITIONARY FORCE.Learn more about this agency
- You will advise all staff sections on all protocol matters.
- You will recommend program requirements, the nature of the information required, and the specific needs of the targeted audience.
- You will plan all aspects of protocol for the execution of honors, promotions, awards, retirements, dedications, receptions, ceremonies and distinguished visits.
- You will provide direction based on protocol expertise, office management experience, and professional knowledge of the individuals involved.
- You will maintain oversight of the leave projections for the office and recommends adjustments based on anticipated requirements.
- You will provide guidance and training to junior staff on matters relating to the customs and regulations governing diplomatic formality, precedence and etiquette.
- You will interpret and implement organizational policies, regulations and instructions with respect to protocol practices and issues.
- You will ensure thorough research and planning is accomplished to ascertain availability of all relevant information, to include detailed coordination with pertinent staff.
- You will coordinate in detail with vendors, and hotels to ensure that arrangements are thoroughly planned.
- You will respond to requests for information and assistance from spouses of senior leaders as they pertain to spouses' programs, representational social events, official travel, and official gift exchanges.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/588661100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.