You will serve as an International Relations Specialist in the Navy Area Commander Communication Center of Submarine Group Seven of COMSUBGRU SEVEN, YOKOSUKA.Learn more about this agency
- You will provide policy analysis and advice on possible effects and potential issues arising from U.S. Navy, NNPP and DoD policies, programs, and activities in Japan.
- You will provide background information on Japan's politics, policies, institutions, society, culture, history, and foreign relations.
- You will conduct liaison and negotiations with Yokosuka and GOJ officials to establish political accommodation of nuclear-powered warship (NPW) forward-deployment to Yokosuka and port visits elsewhere in Japan.
- You will develop cultural, diplomatic and military protocol recommendations and arrange and participate in formal and informal discussions, negotiations, seminars, conferences, and real-world crisis action and contingency response.
- You will conduct coordination, planning, and negotiations on U. S. Navy operational matters in Japan, including sensitive and non-trivial, policy-level subjects related to the NNPP mission in Japan.
- You will perform as a Japanese language interpreter at informal/formal bilateral conferences, meetings, sensitive political and defense negotiations, simulated and actual emergency responses, navy-to-navy operational and policy talks, etc.
- You will plan and coordinate bilateral NNPP Japanese visits/functions, ceremonies and special events hosted by the senior leadership.
- You will assist the Director and CSG-7 Public Affairs Officer with development, review and communication of Public Affairs Guidance (PAG) and Responses to Queries (RTQ) for NNPP-related matters.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/588659900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.