The position serves as a Purchasing Agent for the Logistics Service in a Veteran Affairs Health Care System (VA HCS) and supported catchment area.Learn more about this agency
- Creating 2237s
- Complete Purchase Orders
- Verify vendors in the VHA system of record prior to placing an order
- Provide general guidance to potential vendors on requirements and information needed to be entered into the VHA's local vendor file
- Utilize various web-based portals to order items from awarded contracts
- Ordering, tracking and monitoring procurement transactions
- Review Fund Control Points
- Running balances to ensure procurement obligations are complete and approved prior to placing orders
- Provides administration and oversight on orders and services.
- Represents the VA in discussions with vendors/contractors to obtain agreement on micro purchases and vendor/contractor compliance.
- Monitor vendor performance through personal contact, review progress reports, and discuss reasons for delays, failures, or price changes.
- Tracks obligations/commitments and monitors expenditures to support recurring budget forecasts and identify potential fraud, waste and abuse based on procurement history and purchase trends.
- Researches, reviews, develops spreadsheets, and prepares reports
- Ability to compile, consolidate, organize, and summarize specific procurement information
- Performs work in support of general management and/or program analysis function
- Applies conventional practices to solve any problems in the procurement transaction.
- Provides excellent customer service to medical staff, customers, vendors, and contractors and resolves issues in an expeditious manner
- Resolves minor disputes and informal complaints among medical staff and customers and refer formal complaints to the immediate supervisor.
- Communicates in a tactful and courteous manner with a variety of individuals with diverse backgrounds and levels of understanding.
- Supports other functions of the Logistics Service as required, including distribution of procured supplies and material.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Compressed/Flexible: Not available
Telework: Not available
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description/PD#: Purchasing Agent (Logistics)/PD99896A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel to the CBOC's
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/588573700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.