You will serve as a AUDITOR in the OFFICE OF THE NAVSEA INSPECTOR GENERAL of NAVSEA HQ FIELD SUPPORT.Learn more about this agency
- You will perform internal reviews and external audits of NAVSEA Enterprise activities.
- You will review contracts and contract-related programs and processes intended to identify fraud, waste, abuse, and mismanagement, risks and vulnerabilities throughout the NAVSEA Enterprise.
- You will assess and evaluate programs, processes, and internal controls for the purpose of identifying programmatic risks and vulnerabilities and make recommendations for appropriate corrective action.
- You will plan, schedule, coordinate, and execute internal reviews, assessments, and evaluations.
- You participate in the development of specific approaches, activities and methods for reviewing and/or inspecting NAVSEA activities.
- You will examine internal controls, practices, and procedures to determine adequacy.
- You will implement quality controls, as required, ensuring conformance using standards established by the Government Accountability Office and Comptroller General of the United States as guides.
- You will obtain sufficient and relevant evidence to provide reasonable basis for conclusions regarding the NAVSEA Enterprise during audits.
- You will analyze information obtained through assessments, reviews, inspections, and investigations to identify areas of strengths and weaknesses in NAVSEA operations as they relate to matters of integrity, efficiency, effectiveness, and fraud risk.
- You will support the development of strategies to counteract fraud, waste, abuse and misconduct.
- You will identify recommendations regarding action that should be taken to improve policies, processes, and controls to promote economy, efficiency and effectiveness, and to prevent and deter fraud waste, abuse, and mismanagement in operations.
- You will prepare written report and oral briefings for senior leader on the results of completed reviews on matters of the NAVSEA Enterprise.
- You will monitor and evaluate the adequacy of corrective actions taken on findings and recommendations from both internal and external audits.
- You will monitor, track and respond to requests from external audit organizations ensuring audit efforts are supported and audit reports are factually reported.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/588571400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.