This position is located in the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), U.S. Coast Guard (USCG), Deputy Commandant for Mission Support (DCMS), Assistant Commandant for Human Resources (CG-1), Civilian Human Resources, Diversity and Leadership Directorate (CG-12), Office of Civilian Human Resources Operations (CG-123), Human Resources Service Center Southeast (CG-123SE) in Washington, DC.Learn more about this agency
As a Human Resources Assistant, you will be responsible for providing clerical and technical support for processing a full range of staffing and position classification actions.
Being a CG civilian makes you a valuable member of the CG team. Typical work assignments include:
- Coding and processing a variety of general personnel actions.
- Providing information to customers on general human resources topics such as benefits, pay, leave, personnel records, and application for federal employment.
- Researching and applying applicable laws and regulations in order to provide advice and guidance to customers.
- Conducting new employee orientation and ensuring all associated paperwork and actions are forwarded and processed in accordance with applicable Office of Personnel Management, rules and regulations.
- Using office automation systems to input, update, or retrieve information; i.e. NFC, Empower, EPIC, e-OPF and e-verify.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/588565100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.