Are you interested in a rewarding and challenging career? Join the U.S. Small Business Administration, Office of Inspector General! SBA OIG provides auditing, investigative, and other high quality services to support and assist the SBA in achieving its mission. We promote open and honest communication and encourage a positive work environment. We are listed among the top ranked agencies in the Partnership for Public Service's 2018 Best Places to Work in the Federal Government!Learn more about this agency
As an Auditor in the Audits Division, you will:
- Provide technical assistance for complex audits and carries out other activities in connection with the Agency programs and program participants. Frequently serves in a technical advisory role to match complex audit objectives with technical solutions
- Perform reviews using appropriate audit techniques, analyze data to support findings, and develop recommendations to correct deficiencies; prepare comprehensive audit work papers documenting audit work performed.
- Discuss findings and observations with responsible organizational elements, technical representatives and others to develop constructive final report; prepare a comprehensive final report summarizing the audit and/or assurance review results.
- Meet with top management officials to present audit findings, explain the significance of conclusions, and justify recommendations. Assist in obtaining written responses to recommendations from management officials and follow-up with management officials to ensure corrections are made in a timely manner.
- Complete a project plan, including a design matrix and establish appropriate milestones that comply with SBA OIG policies and procedures.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/588541500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.