About the Position: The Interdisciplinary position is with the Civil Works Integration Division (CWID), within the Programs Directorate, North Atlantic Division (NAD), located in Brooklyn, New York. The Program Manager performs daily civil works project and program action responsibility, providing guidance and support to the assigned U.S. Army Corps of Engineer (USACE) Districts, and advocating for and resolving District civil works project issues and concerns.Learn more about this agency
- Independently evaluate District civil works project issues and in coordination with other technical offices offer alternative options for resolution.
- Monitor District planning, design and construction activities for civil works projects and overall programs to include schedules, cost, and resource requirements.
- Provide civil works project specific engineering analysis and feedback to Districts dealing with projects of significance to overall Division program execution.
- Assess changes in policy and provide technical interpretation to District professional staff to ensure consistent application throughout the Division.
- Ensure required actions are properly staffed and coordinated, thus assuring timely quality assessment at all stages of the program development and review process.
- Maintain integration with the Regional Integration Team regarding civil works authorizations, appropriations, and other program and project issues.
- Serve as the liaison between Headquarters, Division and District for coordination and technical evaluation of cost sharing agreements and documentation for both new and ongoing construction projects.
- Serve as an interface with other Federal agencies, non-Federal interests and special interest groups where conflicts and sensitive issues are manifest and/or policy waivers are required.
- Review and validate performance reports with Headquarters and develop action plans to correct program deficiencies.
- Work with program elements in preparing the Division Commander for the annual budget testimony including preparation of budget fact sheets, issues papers, justification of estimates and other budgetary data items.
25% or less - You will be expected to travel 25% for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/588518100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.