About the Position: Principal technical advisor to the Recruiting Battalion (BN) Commander on a wide range of advertising, outreach, and public affairs programs within the BN area of responsibility. This position is located at Fort Hamilton in southern New York City, Bay Ridge, Brooklyn, at the base of the world famous Verrazano Narrows Bridge. It is 20 minutes to mid-town Manhattan. Commuter buses and trains are readily accessible from this location.Learn more about this agency
- Supervise and direct the work activities of other Public Affairs Specialists to include assigning work, establishing priorities, providing guidance and reviewing finished work products.
- Plan, develop, and manage advertising and marketing programs.
- Plan and execute the annual advertising budget in support of the Battalion's recruiting missions using the most effective and cost efficient media platforms available.
- Oversee Recruiting Battalion participation at local events and with civic organizations to promote Army opportunities and provide recruiters with face-to-face interaction with the target market.
- Serve as Recruiting Battalion spokesperson on all public affairs issues.
- Conduct media and market analysis.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/588516500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.