This position is designed as a SES, Career-Reserved. USDA structures its SES positions into position levels. This is a position level two with a salary range of $175,501- $186,500 per year. Exceptions to the salary cap may be considered in certain circumstances. SES employees are also eligible to receive bonuses and performance-based awards. Visit http://www.opm.gov/ses/ for additional information and benefits for SES employees.Learn more about this agency
- The Information Services Division manages and directs the Agency-wide data dissemination visualization, mining, management and protection and publication activities in support of the economic research and analysis mission of ERS.
- The incumbent serves as Director, Information Services Division (ISD). The duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Formulates and establishes long-range and current policies and priorities to carry out the Division's function and activities.
- Provides service and value using information platforms, technical research support, website management, and writing, editing, and design of reports and other products for the research programs of ERS.
- Conducts comprehensive data dissemination and visualization that provide current information in electronic digital to satisfy customer needs for timeliness and service.
- Establishes secure and accessible databases and a web environment for data analysis, publication and data dissemination. Services also include data analytics, assisting with big data and long computation jobs, and machine learning.
- Develops and manages the Agency's public-facing website, (the principle infrastructure for communicating with external stakeholders), develops web products and applications, conducts user experience testing.
- Conducts geospatial and statistical analysis, spatial data management, map development, interactive web mapping and statistical support.
- Conducts a comprehensive editing, publishing, and dissemination program for situation and outlook reports, periodicals, and monographs that communicate the results of the economic and other social science research of ERS.
- With Administrator, Associate Administrator, and other Division Directors identifies long-range data and information management issues, priority ranking of these needs, and the translation of these priorities into an annual and medium-term program.
- Ensures that the principles and practices of program management and customer service and experience are embedded in the Division?s major business lines.
- Develops and maintains Agency-wide standards for data integrity and protection. Plays a key role in ensuring data and publishing activities conform to the requirements of the Confidential Information Protection and Statistical Efficiency Act.
- Contributes to the Department?s requirements on government-wide reporting on data and information management spending needs and plans. Prepares required reports.
- Assumes immediate responsibility for preparing, justifying and executing its budget, and for its internal organization and staffing structure within established ceiling and budget limitations.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/588472900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.