The purpose of this position is to serve as a performance auditor of the OIG for programmatic issues that require examination by a professional. Performs routine or limited quick response audits, consulting and advisory services, risk management, liaison with external audit organizations, audit compliance and follow-up.Learn more about this agency
As a AUDITOR you will be responsible for the following duties:
- Perform audits of internal departments to review and appraise systems, operations, financial activities, and compliance to safeguard assets, enhance the control environment, ensure compliance with applicable laws and guidelines, and increase productivity.
- Perform audits using appropriate audit techniques, analyzes data to support findings, and develops recommendations to correct deficiencies; prepares comprehensive audit work papers documenting audit work performed.
- Determine internal audit scope and designs risk-based audit programs.
- Review the suitability of internal control design, identify areas of weakness and design compensating controls and process improvements.
- Discuss audit findings with responsible organizational elements, technical representatives and others to develop constructive final report; prepare a comprehensive final report summarizing the audit results.
- Meet with top management officials to present audit findings, explain the significance of conclusions, and justify recommendations.
- Assist in obtaining written responses to recommendations from management officials and follows-up with management officials to ensure corrections are made in a timely manner.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/588469100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.