About the Position:Learn more about this agency
These are temporary civilian faculty positions at the U.S. Army War College (USAWC) as provided under Title 10 USC 4021 which may be hired as full time, part time, or intermittent. Initial appointment may be up to one year. The person(s) selected for this/these position(s) will have a leading role in teaching and/or developing core and elective courses of the Resident Education Program and associated programs.
- Develop lessons, teach, assess students in courses related to strategic uses of military power, theater-level military operations, senior military leadership, military history and strategy, and related subjects.
- Teach using a variety of experiential learning techniques (in person and virtually).
- Engage in scholarship that advances knowledge in fields of the topics listed above or related topics.
- Provide counsel to faculty and students on subjects related to history, military strategy and the application of military power in support of national security objectives.
- Coordinate with and provide subject matter expertise to external agencies on behalf of the U.S. Army War College.
- Engage in service (internal and external) in support of institutional missions with subject matter expertise related to history, military strategy, and the application of military power in support of national security objectives.
- Serve as a faculty instructor for one seminar, faculty advisor for up to six students, and advisor for student strategy research projects.
- Mentor junior faculty instructors and share expertise with peer faculty.
- Support other academic programs at the U.S. Army War College, as needed.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position up to 25% of the time.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/588466200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.