You will serve as a Computer Scientist in the Ocean Databases Branch, Ocean Databases and Analysis Division, Oceanographic Department, Naval Oceanographic Office, Stennis Space Center, Mississippi.Learn more about this agency
- You will provide software and life cycle maintenance of various real-time software applications, particularly in situ data processing applications
- You will serve as System Administrator for ocean database processing computer systems
- You will attend training for computer systems, ISSO support, operating system maintenance, system backup, IT/IA support and assessments, equipment and software inventories and equipment and software life cycle replacement.
- You will serve on committees and working groups and coordinate a variety of projects/;programs that are in direct support of the Divisions functions..
- You will serve as POC for internal codes and external agencies coordination related to the development, content, update frequency, quality control and maintenance of oceanographic processing.
- You will serve as liaison to tailor operational product formats to customer requests.
- You will serve as SME assigned to field duty onboard survey vessels ensuring data collected properly and quality control procedures are observed and properly applied by the survey teams.
50% or less - You may be expected to travel up to 50% for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/588431400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.