This position is located in Development Management Service, Product Development, Office of Information & Technology (OlT). The IT Project Manager is responsible for application development, testing, evaluation functions, life cycle logistics, acquisition/contracting, financial management, resource management, risk management and leadership/professionalism.Learn more about this agency
The first 50 qualified and eligible candidates who applied will be considered for referral to the selecting official. Additional candidates will be referred based on hiring needs.
This position is primarily aligned to the following NICE Cybersecurity Workforce Framework work roles.
801 - Program Manager
802 - IT Project Manager
For more information about these work roles, where they fit within the larger Cyber Workforce, and how they can support your unique career journey, please visit the Cyber Career Pathways tool on the National Initiative for Cybersecurity Careers and Studies website: https://niccs.us-cert.gov/workforce-development/cyber-career-pathways
This is a bargaining unit position.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Compressed/Flexible Schedule: Not Available
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description Title/PD#: IT Project Manager/ PD10316A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not Required
Physical Requirements: The work is predominantly sedentary and does not require any special physical effort. Some work may require walking and standing in conjunction with travel and attendance at meetings and conferences away from the work site. The incumbent may carry light items such as meeting material and a portable computer and may be required to drive a motor vehicle relative to attendance at meetings.
- Acts as a primary stakeholder in the underlying information technology (IT) operational processes and functions that support the service, provide direction and monitor all significant activities so the service is delivered successfully.
- Coordinates and manages the overall service provided to a customer end-to-end.
- Leads and oversees budget, staffing, and contracting.
- Manages the internal relationship with information technology (IT) process owners supporting the service, assisting with the definition and agreement of Operating Level Agreements (OLAs).
- Performs needs analysis to determine opportunities for new and improved business process solutions.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/588425100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.