You will serve as a Computer Scientist in the Cyber Operations Division, Code 192300 of NAVAL RESEARCH LABORATORY.Learn more about this agency
- You will serve as Section Head for the Network Engineering and Design section, providing direct technical supervision to a group of engineers responsible for network and design and development, and network operation and maintenance.
- You will design and develop NRL networks, which include the unclassified NRL Integrated Communications Environment network (NICEnet), classified networks and closed research networks.
- You will be responsible to encompass everything from the NRL connections to multiple Wide Area Network (WAN) service providers, to the NRL backbone, and includes the network architecture for each building and workgroup.
- You will be responsible for evolving a broad scope design that will comply with DOD and DON standards, meet with industry best practices guidelines, and be positioned to satisfy future NRL network requirements.
- You will specify, procure, test and integrate these hardware and software systems that become part of the NRL networks.
- You will be responsible for the operation and maintenance of the NRL networks.
- You will be designing and developing hardware and software systems to monitor the performance and healthof the entire network.
- You will be monitoring and be responsible for management systems are typically customized, then integrated into the network.
- You will be responsible for documenting the NRL networks in such a way to facilitate the timely diagnosis of network problems, and the timely repair, replacement, or reconfiguration of malfunctioning network systems.
- You will be working with with Classified Networks and must be able to configure/trouble shoot Taclane Encryptor Hardware, KG-175D, KG-175G, KG-175A, Layer 2 Encryptor KG-345, WAN Serial Encryptor KIV-7.
- You will use knowledge of Encryptor Keys for local keying and remote keying Taclane with management softwaretools.
- You will apply Security Technical Information Guide rules to network hardwareand servers.
- You will use knowledge of risk management framework andimplementing proper steps for compliance
- You will evaluate and test technologies, products and protocols to meet those requirements, deploy the chosen solution, and evaluate the effectiveness of that deployment
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/588410800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.