You serve as a principal technical expert supporting the Director of Undersea Warfare (USW) staff for USW systems engineering, kill (effects) chain assessment, payload integration, and experimentation of NAVUNSEAWARCENDIV NEWPORT RI.Learn more about this agency
Per 5 CFR 335.103(c)(3)(v), this is a non-competitive reassignment opportunity open to those qualified who hold (or have held) a position equivalent to (or higher than) an ND-05 (GS-14/15 equivalent) on a permanent basis in the competitive service.
- You will advise, shape and implement DUSW technical initiatives across the broad USW community and the Fleet as part of the NAVSEA Warfare Center Headquarters One Team Organization.
- You will formulate, strategize, oversee, and direct specific technical initiatives as assigned, e.g., urgent operational needs, engagement for emerging Fleet concepts, undersea rapid capability initiatives and special projects
- You will assist in the planning and execution of the warfare center-wide USW stakeholder relationship process.
- Your responsibilities will include maintaining a comprehensive understanding of USW stakeholder issues and managing communications and data basing efforts.
- You will oversee the preparation of periodic DUSW executive-level reports, white papers, briefings, and be responsible for the accuracy of the technical contents.
- You will lead the conducting of technical reviews of internal technical papers and briefs as assigned.
- You will advise DUSW on issues related to "honest broker" and "single voice" mandates.
- You will facilitate the development and assessment of emerging USW concepts of operation and experiments.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/588401200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.