This position is being filled under DoD Modified Direct Hire Authority, Section 1109; PL, 116-92, dated 12/20/2019.Learn more about this agency
This position is part of the Air Force Elements, U.S. Transportation Command, Transportation Command.
This position is being filled under DoD Modified Direct Hire Authority, Section 1109; PL, 116-92, dated 12/20/2019 .
As a INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY SPECIALIST (INFOSEC) at the GS-2210-12 some of your typical work assignments may include:
- Provide threat information to the USTRANSCOM Counter-Insider Threat Branch (TCCS-I); develop indicators of compromise using standards-based approaches.
- Fuse locally derived and externally sourced threat intelligence into signatures, techniques, and analytics designed to detect and track advanced cyberspace threats.
- Review, interpret, and develop localized Tactics, Techniques, and Procedures (TTPs) based upon best practices, national guidance, and DoD-level policies.
- Coordinate with IT and Cybersecurity Service Provider (CSSP) specialists across USTRANSCOM to develop, publish, and share threat profiles and indicators of compromise.*Use data correlation, visualization, filtering, searching, data inspection, and trending techniques to identify patterns and behaviors indicative of both internal and external cyber threats.
- Provide technical knowledge and expertise to the intelligence and Counterintelligence (CI) communities to aid in the identification and assessment of cyber threat capabilities and activities; produce findings to help initialize or support Law Enforcement (LE) and CI investigations or activities.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/588350400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.