This is a time-limited position for an Astrophysicist (Post-doctoral Research Fellow in Astrostatistics) in the International CHASC Astrostatistics Collaboration group at the High Energy Astrophysics Division of the Smithsonian Astrophysical Observatory. The employee works under the direction of an Astrophysicist within the Division. The purpose of this position is to train postdoctoral researchers to conceive, plan and conduct highly specialized research in the incumbent's area of expertise.Learn more about this agency
Duties may include but are not limited to:
- Participate in and carry out scientific research and scholarship involving a program of astrostatistics, applied methodology, and algorithm development for high energy astrophysics data.
- Assist in simulations and modeling of data; or assist in the development of analytical methods and/or software to model physical processes and conditions; or assist in designing, development, and verification of software for data analysis as needed.
- Engage in the dissemination of results: prepare papers for publication in scientific journals, present results at conferences. Participate in meetings and conferences to discuss current research and to exchange data and ideas with other scientists.
- Engage in wider research and scholarly activities of the research group.
- Mentor and assist, as appropriate and as directed; give advice on analysis techniques and scientific approaches to others working on the same or related projects, as appropriate.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Occasional travel - To attend meetings and conferences
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/588343200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.