The Science, Technology Assessment, and Analytics (STAA) Innovation Lab (Lab) is looking for inspired, talented individuals to apply their knowledge and perspective to challenging work that shapes the future of auditing at GAO through data science.Learn more about this agency
• Leads projects through the innovation lifecycle from ideation through deployment in order to develop next generation advanced analytics capabilities in support of current and future audits, investigations, business operations, and other oversight challenges relevant to GAO’s mission. As necessary, the incumbent will work with experts outside GAO to determine leading practices for advanced analytics.
• Applies and combines diverse data science techniques including: Machine Learning, natural language processing, artificial intelligence, geospatial analyses, graph-based network modeling, advanced visualizations, descriptive statistics, and other statistical/mathematical/analytical methods to produce cohesive, user-centric solutions.
• Builds, optimizes, orchestrates, deploys, and tunes data science models and prototypes. Assesses disparate impacts, mitigates model biases, and evaluates relevant performance criteria, as applicable.
• Uses common data science tools, including scripted languages such as R, Python, SQL, and Java Scripts; Integrated Development Environment (IDE) and analytics platforms such as RStudio, SageMaker, RapidMiner, SAS, and Domino Data Lab; open-source solutions such as Kibana, Kubernetes, and elastic search; commercial off-the-shelf tools such as Informatica and Neo4j; and hardware-based capabilities such as Graphics Processing Units (GPU).
• Implements data quality considerations, including complex data processing, data quality assessment, data imputation, and data governance—including metadata as well as engineered features. Develops forensically sound, auditable, flexible, repeatable, and scalable extract transform and load (ETL) capabilities on a variety of structure and unstructured data.
• Uses cloud-based Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS), Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS), and Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) capabilities to perform data science. Guides implementation and configuration of tools and other computational resources within established information security boundaries.
• Contributes to process development for and agile team culture of the Innovation Lab. Understands Generally Accepted Government Auditing Standards (GAGAS) and other relevant standards to advise GAO teams on best technical approaches to achieve quality results.
• Identifies deficiencies in problem statements, proposed approaches, and/or data access issues which are significant to the design, development, execution, and reporting out of advanced analytics pilots of the Innovation Lab.
• Supports the Assistant Director in developing, defining, and driving Innovation Lab strategy with regard to the exploration and deployment of advanced analytics techniques for improved or novel business outcomes.
• Supports Assistant Director in project management, acquisition project management, and stakeholder management. Incumbent may require certification as a level II COR, IT Project Manager, Scrum Master, or similar.
• Expands GAO’s advanced analytics and computational capabilities through a rigorous process of problem definition, ideation, review, revision, and execution to determine the most promising solutions and approaches which, if successful, could profoundly change the business of audit, investigations, and program evaluation for the future GAO.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Occasional travel - .
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/588325400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.