The National Museum of African American History and Culture's primary purposes are to acquire, maintain and preserve objects which document social, cultural, political, military, technological and scientific developments in the United States related to the African American experience; to conduct research in the field of African American history, to publish findings for all audiences; and interpret historical developments through public exhibits and programs as well as digital content.Learn more about this agency
The position is located in the Smithsonian National Museum of African American History and Culture, Office of External Affairs. This position is to fulfill the role of confidential assistant/liaison to the Associate Director for External Affairs by supporting the operational functions of the office. Duties and responsibilities include:
- providing advice in the review, evaluation and coordination of all activities and assignments requiring the attention of the Associate Director;
- ensuring the smooth and continuing communications and liaison with a range of colleagues within and outside the Smithsonian;
- serving as liaison between the Associate Director, the Director and departments within NMAAHC, the Smithsonian Institution;
- ensuring the budget and financial materials are responded to in a timely basis for the Associate Director and her direct reports including the Office of Communications, Social Media, Education, Special Events, Public Programs and Advancement;
- assisting with coordination of special and on-going projects with outside organizations;
- arranging a variety of conferences and meetings by keeping the calendar and establishing priorities; and
- composing and reviewing correspondence.
11 - Position is at full promotion potential--GS-11.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/588321600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.