You are encouraged to read the entire announcement before you submit your application package. Your application may not receive full consideration if you do not follow the instructions as outlined.Learn more about this agency
This position is located in the Ronald Reagan Building and International Trade Center, 1300 Pennsylvania Ave., NW., Washington, DC., in the Office of the General Counsel, at the U.S. Agency for International Development.
This is a position for an experienced attorney to support the Agency in ensuring that USAID programs comply with relevant policies and laws, as well as to advise on, and lead, the negotiation of agreements with the public, philanthropic, and private sectors. The position will support the Bureau for Development, Democracy, and Innovation (DDI).
The ideal candidate has a breadth of experience, in all or some of the following legal areas: government contracts and grants; fiscal law; administrative law; federal technology transfer; environmental law; economic policy, energy and infrastructure; scientific research and development; intellectual property; and international data, privacy, and cybersecurity law. Experience as a transactional lawyer is also desirable to help support the Agency’s use of transactions with the private sector, including credit guarantees, loan agreements, equity-type structures, first loss structures, and pipeline development. A demonstrated interest in international development is preferable.
The attorney will work under the supervision of the Assistant General Counsel for DDI, in a division consisting of 6 attorney advisors, within the Office of the General Counsel.
As an Attorney Advisor, your duties may include:
- Providing necessary legal advice, guidance, and support on a broad array of matters involving DDI and other Agency offices, bureaus, and missions.
- Interpreting and providing advice concerning the Foreign Assistance Act, annual foreign operations appropriations acts, relevant legislation, court and administrative decisions, fiscal law, government regulations, and USAID directives and guidance, as they pertain to the functions of DDI and other Agency activities.
- Providing legal advice on contract and assistance regulations, including the Federal Acquisition Regulations and the Uniform Administrative Requirements, Cost Principles, and Audit Requirements for Federal Awards.
- Providing legal advice on environmental regulations and policies; economic policy, energy and infrastructure; scientific research and development; and intellectual property.
- Managing all legal aspects of complex financial transactions, including drafting the legal agreements, negotiating with counterparties, and ensuring that the legal agreements comply with all legal and policy requirements.
- Providing legal advice and assisting in drafting policies, best practices, guidance and agreements in development programming.
- Assisting in drafting and negotiating memoranda of understanding, gift agreements, interagency agreements, and other binding and non-binding agreements as required by the Agency.
Occasional travel - Amount of travel will vary depending on the needs of the Office, but will not exceed 25% of the incumbent's time. Travel includes domestic and international locations.
15 - The full performance level of this position is the GS-15 grade level.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/588302700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.