About the Position:Learn more about this agency
Incumbent serves as the Chief of Protocol for the George C. Marshall European Center for Security Studies (GCMC) and is the principal advisor to the director on all protocol matters. The incumbent recommends, plans, and implements the Center's protocol program utilizing established standard protocol practices as defined by Department of Defense (DoD) regulations and policies.
- Manage the Center's protocol program, which encompasses program development, planning, and evaluation of official events and distinguished visitor visits to ensure missions are realized.
- Develop comprehensive concept plans for high visibility visits and events to showcase the Marshall Center mission and contribute to interrelationships to other agencies, and foreign governments.
- Advise the command group, staff and faculty on correct protocol procedures for briefings, meetings, ceremonies and official functions involving U.S. and foreign military and government officials.
- Present analysis of protocol issues and development of alternative approaches in strategies for policies and procedures.
- Provide oversight of the development and execution of the Center's official representation fund (ORF) budget.
- Serve as subject matter expert on ceremonial forms, honors, courtesies, and etiquette as well as all other event planning and execution elements.
Occasional travel - Temporary Duty (TDY) or business travel requirement of 10% of the time.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/588232600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.