About the Position: The Fort Hamilton MEPS is one of a network of 65 MEPS located nationwide and in Puerto Rico. A separate Department of Defense (DoD) agency, USMEPCOM is comprised of two geographical sectors and staffed with personnel from all military services. The mission of USMEPCOM and the Fort Hamilton MEPS is to process individuals for enlistment or induction into the armed services, based on DoD-approved peacetime and mobilization standards.Learn more about this agency
- Lead subordinate HR Assistants; provide input to Supervisor on progress, performance, and training needs of employees.
- Provide technical expertise, guidance and leadership to subordinate personnel.
- Verify applicants' Emergency Data Records.
- Prepare correspondence in accordance with agency regulations.
- Utilize an automated system to fingerprint individuals.
- Assemble documents in accordance with specific military service requirements.
- Distribute applicant documents to appropriate organizations.
- Interview candidates to obtain and verify background information.
- Maintain electronic enlistment files in accordance with established regulations.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/588150700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.