About the Position:Learn more about this agency
You will serve as the International Relations Advisor for various countries across Europe to the Installation Management Command-Europe (IMCOM Europe) Director, CSM, Deputy, Senior Staff and Garrison Commanders on sensitive host nation (HN) topics, political atmospherics and all IMCOM-Europe Region-related topics with the Federal and Regional governments, civic, social and other appropriate institutions of applicable countries.
- Serve as the political military science researcher, and provides authoritative professional and technical information and counsel related advice to the IMCOM-Europe region area of responsibility and interests.
- Establish and maintain good relations with a variety of international, state, regional, and federal authorities for the purpose of coordinating projects and problems arising from presence and actions of IMCOM-Europe in the area.
- Participate in host country working sessions, meetings, and social events, during which valuable contacts are established and or improved and where the ground can be paved for future projects.
- Through the IMCOM-Europe Public Affairs Officer, advise the Region Director on matters of protocol pertaining to rank and precedence of host nation authorities.
- Participate in the planning and decision-making process with primary staff at all levels on all significant HN matters affecting U.S. operations in applicable countries.
- Implement established policies, directives and instructions issued by higher headquarters governing relationships between the U.S. Forces in Europe and the appropriate HN authorities.
- Participates and assist the appropriate garrison PAO, HNA or USFLO in entering negotiations with HN authorities on acquisition and de-requisition of real property, maneuvers, military exercises, legal offenses, public security, safety and welfare.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel up to 20% for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/588148500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.